7 Question Series: Angels and VCs
The 7 Questions Interview Series: Angels and Venture Capitalists
“The 7 Question Series” is an investigative content series where I seek out key leaders in a specific industry and/or subject matter expertise area and ask them 7 key questions that “inquiring minds want to know”. There is a twist however to these questions. I provide the interviewee with a hypothesis for each question to help frame and set context for their answer. This specific series of interviews is ideal for startup founders.
The objective of this series is to establish direct connections with VCs and Angel Investors across the globe and ask them the same set of 7 questions regarding investing in technology startups. I’d also like to know what their appetite is for investing in Canadian startups and why they do or don’t. I’m also curious to see if their answers are similar or different. These interviews will be featured on this website [Posts | Ebook] and will be used by members of Silicon Halton’s and a new Accelerator launching in 2017 dedicated to Halton based technology entrepreneurs.
Below is our current line up of interviews completed from various Angel and Venture Capitalists to date including:
- Doug Osborne, Founder of Doug’s Unlimited
- Brad Feld, Cofounder of Foundry Group
- Sanjay Singhal, CEO of Audiobooks and board member of Angel One Networks
- Boris Mann, Managing Partner at Full Stack
- Janet Bannister, General Partner at Real Ventures
- Sandi Gilbert, Founder and CEO at SeedUps Canada
- Dawn Umlah, Investment Manager at Innovacorp
- Simon Chong, Managing Partner at Georgian Partners
- John Breakey, Angel Investor and CEO of Fival Systems Corporation
- Patrick Lor, CEO at Dissolve
- Angela Kingyens from Version One Ventures
- Steven Duckering, Director at TDG Capital Partners L.P.
- Jim Orlando, Managing Director at OMERS Ventures
- Mark Skapinker, co-founder at Brightspark Ventures
- Whitney Rockley, co-founder at McRock Capital
- Randy Thompson, CEO of VA Angels
- Warren Bergen, Vice President of Corporate Development at AVAC Ltd.
- Anthony Lee, General Partner at Altos Ventures
We’re humbled and honoured that this group of exceptional business professionals and funders have participated in this interview series. We hope that their advice, experiences and perspective is helpful and inspiring for startup founders and their teams. Read their posts | Get the ebook.