The History of Technology 2010 to 2020
We’re going to take you back a bit in the technology time continuum. This is part of a series of posts we’re publishing on the History of Technology. We’ve hand picked some key moments in technology that we think were significant. These are defining moments where technology pioneers created a product, a technology or a company… or did or said something of significance. Think of these posts as time capsules that chronicle some of the most interesting times in tech along with the odd gaff!
The History of Technology 2010 to 2020 (work in progress)
In this decade a series of important technologies were launched.
- Steve Job’s introduced the iPad which would further accelerate the adoption of tablets.
- Intel and Seagate introduced technologies that would help set the foundation for VR.
- The Raspberry Pi, a low cost computer, was released to help kids learn to code and create a community of homebrew hobbyists for IoT.
- Google’s DeepMind AlphaGo became world champion by defeating the 9th Dan Go Master, Lee Sedol.
- Finally, take a glimpse into the future and see what 2020 might look like.